Security Products & Training Website
THE THREE GOLDEN RULES OF GUN SAFETY
(and the invisible fourth rule)
|1/ ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
2/ KEEP YOUR
FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
3/ NEVER POINT THE MUZZLE OF A GUN AT ANYTHING YOU DON'T
WANT TO DESTROY
4/ KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEYOND
OTHER SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- Make sure you're using the correct ammunition for your firearm.
Caliber is marked on the bottom of casing on
center fire ammunition and caliber is often marked on the gun.
- Use proper ear and eye protection.
- When picking up a gun, first open the action to make sure it's
If you don't know how to open the action, put it
- Firearms and alcohol don't mix.
This also applies to prescription drugs that may
cause drowsiness or dull reflexes.
- If you drop a firearm on the ground, make sure the barrel is
clear before firing.
- Before using +P or +P+ (extra pressure) ammunition, make sure
your gun is rated for it.
- Make sure your firearms are secured and not accessible to
Potomac Ltd. / 26 West Dry Creek
Circle, Suite 600 / Littleton, CO 80120
7350 E. Progress Place, Suite100 / Greenwood Village,